Jared and I will have been married 6months this month on my 29th birthday! It has been a WONDERFUL experience. I truly love my husband and am so happy to have married my best friend! Things have been mostly smooth sailing. We all know I am rather emotional and it would be even worst if ever I were to be on birth control.
Speaking of birth control:
Disclaimer: please, I don't want to hear it from anyone that we should wait to have kids or what a stress they can be, and cost. We are VERY aware as to what a child will be for us so PLEASE no negativity. I have heard it all!
So we haven't been using any type on contraceptive and have been following Gods time table as to when we should start a family. (I know Jared will hate this post, to personal) So far 6 months and we have not got pregnant. I have gone to see my midwife and all is in order so there is no reason we shouldn't be pregnant, but we aren't. We haven't been trying, but we haven't been preventing either. My question to all you wise mothers is how long should one wait till they are concerned that there might be a problem causing this? My midwife said when we are 8 months to do some more extensive testing. I have an ovulation calender, I am very aware of my ovulation and am healthier then I have been in a long time. The Dr. said my uterus is tipped back, but not uncommon and doesn't prevent pregnancy. Other then a few other factors that tests can answer I am not sure what else to do or how long to wait before its a concern, so your help would be great. (PS Michelle your method didn't work this time:()
I have looked into adoption if for some reason we can't ever give birth (which is fine because we would love any child when the time is right) but adopting through LDS social services says we have to be married at least 2 years before even looking, which is understandable. And the other ones might be out of our price range. If there is a problem we have ruled out fertility, and a surrogate, so it's either natural or adoption. Either way we someday would love to be parents of a beautiful Wright baby, and I am sure you would agree we would do swell.
Hey Abby, we went without birth control for several months before we got pregnant and I found that it was all up to timing. I agree with you, it's between you and the Lord when you get pregnant but I must say now that I have a 2 month old I am sooo grateful that we waited to have children. We've now been married three years and this is so hard, for both of us. It's a huge strain on us personally and as a couple. Don't get me wrong, she's a wonderful baby and I wouldn't give her up but it's such an adjustment that I'm so grateful that Andrew and I have that foundation of years together. But best of luck to you whatever you decide to do, I agree with you on the fertillity, a sister in our ward did that and had 5 babies!! Good luck, the Lord will send a baby to you when it's right, take care, Shiree
ReplyDeleteHey Abs! You are right, people can be really negative and tell you what to do and when to do it when it comes to having kids when in reality, it's really nobody's business except yours, Jared's & the Lord's. What is best for other people isn't necessarily what is best for you so you guys stay strong and don't listen to other people!
ReplyDeleteMy uterus was tipped too and that shouldn't make a difference. From what I have heard, people usually wait about 1 year before going on with other tests but you and your dr. will know what is best for your personal situation. Follow your heart. The Lord is really the one in control. He knows the plan so stay strong and faithful. My mom tried for 2 years to have me and even went on infertility drugs and still nothing for a long time. When she looks back now, she can see several very specific reasons as to why I didn't come sooner. You too will see that someday. It's just the being patient part that is hard. Your time will come. :-) Love ya!