Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 5 - Something you hope to do in your life

ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT!!

Jared and I have always known we plan on adopting children. There are too many kids out there who are in need of a good home where parents love them and they can be taken care of. We would love any age, race or physical need. We love children and would easily open our hearts to them. I have known since I was small there are children out there that I wouldn't birth that needed me as a mom. I never want to be pregnant again so that also helps with that problem. We have been looking into it a lot and when Noah is about 1 year old (5 more months) we will get everything together to get the process started.  We are thinking we will Foster/Adopt because A. It's free. B. Their are a lot of children needing homes now for adoption. And C. Because it is local and if they wanted to have an open adoption they could and not have to travel far.  Late in life if we want to do LDS Social services and try them we will. We are so blessed to have the son we have and know he is going to need a sibling or a few and an adopted brother or sister is perfect!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Abby! I'm so glad you want to adopt. You have a big heart that you can share with other children who need it.

    ReplyDelete