I have had no "typical/normal" pregnancy, delivery or postpartum. At 6 weeks when we found out I was pregnant I wasn't sick at all...just tired. I thought for sure I would be that girl who NEVER got sick while being pregnant. My mom gets REALLY sick with pregnancy and spends months in the hospital and I thought no way I wont be a thing like that. I would tell people at 9 weeks I am just one of those lucky ones who doesn't get sick. Then 10 weeks rolled around and BAMB! I was sicker then a dog (never understood that phrase) and was in and out of the hospital for 4 months! Lost so much weight...actually reached my goal weight and it was the worst 4 months of my life. So pregnancy for me was horrible and nothing I would do again.
Labor was something I thought I was prepared for. I was prepared for the worst pain of my life and the most beautiful experience a women could have. I got advice from everyone about how to know you are in labor and what to expect. Again NOTHING like anyone could have told me. Contractions on Pitosin sucked...but not the worst pain I have ever felt. As a matter of fact knowing they only lasted 15 seconds to 30 seconds made it a lot easier. I can do ANYTHING for 15 to 30 seconds. Then after hours of labor (my family have VERY fast labor/delivery's) I was finally ready for the little guy to be here. I had a Doula and a midwife to prepare me for the best delivery ever. Well my body wasn't having a natural birth so I had to have a c-section. Which wasn't a big deal to me because I knew he had to come into this world some how. It wasn't till recently that I realized it was kind of strange to just be laying there and a baby be handed to you from behind a curtain. It could have been anybodies kid, so yes I can see how a vaginal delivery can be more of a special delivery, but c-section was fine by me to get him here healthy.
Postpartum for me was soooo easy! I was sooo lucky. Noah latched on nursing right away. Never had a problem eating. I was never engorged and never had any problems with it. I worried for a few weeks that he wasn't getting enough food and that I wasn't producing enough milk and searched ways to increase my milk, but my lactation consultant who made house calls said I was doing perfectly well and not to worry. Well Jared and I prayed about it and felt good supplementing a little formula every day to help him gain that extra weight he needed. He only gets 2 bottles a day (4oz each) and right before bed. This also helps him sleep better. He only recently at 2 months old started sleeping though the night. He has gained lots of weight and is SUPER healthy. I haven't had a hard time with the c-section at all. The first week I was a little sore but was up walking around and showering. By 4 weeks I was back to running again and had lost the 15lbs I gained in pregnancy.
So the skinny jeans should fit right? Well some women who nurse lose lots of weight fast because they are burning 500 calories a day nursing. I nurse so I lose that 500 plus I run every day losing between 300 to 500 more. Well just like how I am not normal with the rest of stuff I am one of those who while I nurse will NOT lose weight. My body holds on to the fat I need to nurse on my hips and bum. So if I stop nursing I will lose it right away, but I am not going to stop nursing to fit in my skinny jeans. Noah and I bond so much when I nurse and I wouldn't trade that for skinny jeans in a heart beat.
All my friends are on diets and working out like crazy and loosing so much weight and getting sooo skinny. This is hard for me to see sometimes because I want to be skinny too! But for Noah I will wait to get into my skinny jeans till he is at least a year old. I have been chubby my whole life what is another 10 more months RIGHT?
Yeah I don't lose it until I stop nursing either!! All good!!
ReplyDeleteWell Abby I must say I think you are gorgeous! Don't feel too pressured to be so skinny, just worry about staying healthy. And you were pregnant for 9 months so your body is still adjusting to not being pregnant anymore. Give yourself time, which it sounds like you are, but don't feel bad about it!
ReplyDelete