So I have been getting information from everyone on how to raise Noah. From thumb vs. Binky or how long he should be sleeping, putting him to bed and so on. My mom, in laws, sister and close friends have all chimed in. Jared thinks when it comes to all things baby I shouldn't take advice from ANYONE who doesn't have 4 plus years medical degree...and I agree. I love that everyone is sooo different in their child rearing and the advice I get is great because all my family and friends have perfect kids. BUT I am finally following Dr advice AND motherly instincts. Noah only sleeps 5.5 to 6 hours a night. Which I am FINE with, but many people say NO NO He should be sleeping at least 8 by now. To bad, I trust him to sleep what he can. Feeding they say every so often and I feel more comfortable feeding him when he is hungry. Co-sleeping, I would totally do, but it scares Jared because he is such a hard sleeper. So that is out. BUT sleeping in our room is soo nice. I get sad having him sleep in another room, but we just bought a monitor so it's going to happen someday. Also he HATES Binky's one night he used it for about 2 min with out throwing a fit, but nope he can't use. I have decided to let him suck his thumb or fingers. Sure it will be harder to break him of but it's cute and it sooths him. So all in all I am going to stick to my motherly instincts and take only the advice from my Dr.
FYI: Noah's percents as of his 2 month check up.
Head 40%
Weight: 65%
Height 75%.
Think that's a great plan. Besides, every child is different and even what works with one child may not work with the next. So like you said, take the advice that is imperative to his health and go with your instincts. :)
ReplyDelete