This immigration issue is really getting under my skin. I do find it frustrating that there are people living here illegally and taking money away from US citizens. That my taxes are paying for them to live her and go to school and such. BUT at the same time I am a child of God before I am a citizen of the United States. We are all equal. I don't think you should be questioned to show papers because you are of a different race. What if you are Canadian? Most are Caucasian and a lot of them are living here illegally, sure not as many as those who are here from the south, but that is only because the people from the southern areas are looking for a better life. Yes, they should go through the proper channels to become a US Citizen or get a working green card and yes, it is hard, but who are we to look at someone and judge them because the color of their skin. While living in Germany the reality of the Holocaust was burned into my mind and how people were treated because the color of their skin or the length of their noses. They had to wear patches on them to show they were of that race. Just like the Jews in Europe we are asking those who are Hispanic to SHOW they are citizens. Always having to carry their papers with them in fear they will be questioned if they are citizens because of the color of their skin, ridiculous!
I am not one to complain with out making a suggestion on how to fix this problem. I agree with President Obama and his actions of upping the amount of people on border control (also creating more jobs, but a little late if you ask me). I think that employers are who should be scrutinized for hiring those with out proper paper work. And children who enter public school system will need to provide a social security number (all races). These are just a suggestion I think would work. But pulling someone over for a tail light that is out and once you see the color of their skin demanding paperwork is racism.
The 14th amendment (Citizen state clause) states that if you are born in the United States you are a US citizen. So if people are jumping the border and having children their children can have duall citizenship, are US citizens. But why would they do this? Maybe to offer their children a better chance at a life they couldn't have? I understand that we are privileged to live in the US, but that doesn't give ANY of us the right to discriminate weather it is by race, religion, or sex.
Just saying.
If all illegals proved birthplace, criminal history, work capabilities, and an understanding of the english language, the issue wouldn't occur. It's all of the fat cats that pay minimal or slave wages to those who work and I do mean work for the right to feed themselves or their families who need to be financially and criminally punished. We all need to behonorable patriots. Abby"s Mom
ReplyDeleteHear, hear! I agree! (although you won't get much support from the Utah/ Arizona conservatives.)
ReplyDeletekarly = arizona conservative...
ReplyDeletei didn't care much about the issue before living in arizona... now i do...
i totally agree with most of what you said, i just don't agree with the double standard that the world views the united states with. if US citizens go abroad, we have to have our papers with us at all times showing we have permission to be in that country... whether for work or pleasure. however, people think that that same standard doesn't apply here. if i could get thrown out of a country or jailed because i am there illegally, why shouldn't those that don't have permission to be here?
just the other side of the coin ya know?
love you, noah is adorable, and i can't wait to see you when i'm up there next month! :)