Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Run Around

So we had our first baby appointment on Monday, First it was scheduled for Nov 3rd. Then I moved it to Oct 27th, then the 26th I thought I was dying so I moved it to Monday the 26th. We love our midwife...Patrica Thacker. She was great! She measured my uterus and said "You are 13 Weeks!" Which would give us a May 5th due date. But then she went to heart the heart beat and for 15 min she couldn't find it. She ordered and ultrasound for Yesterday morning the 27th. So over night we were a little worried, because by 13 weeks we should hear a heart beat. So at 8am we had the ultrasound done. Again no heart beat till they went and did an internal ultrasound. There was our baby! 8 weeks along and 165 heart beat. Our minds were at easy...till I asked my I am showing 13 weeks. Am I having twins? What is the story. Well the Dr who reads the ultrasounds wasn't there and the nurse said "Well I do see something. but I am not qualified to tell you what I see" Jared then was like...is it bad!? She said she couldn't tell us. I thought she shouldn't even have mentioned it then! Well I was on the phone all morning trying to get my midwife on the phone to read the ultrasound and give us a heads up. Turns out I am showing 13 weeks because our baby isn't alone in the uterus. He/she has a little friend. Its a tumor called a Fibroid. It is inside my uterus and is growing. Its already 5cm, which is bigger then my baby. They can't remove it till after the baby is born. It is going to probably continue growing...which will crowd our baby and might make he/she come a little early, but she said she will keep an eye on it and make sure the baby is ok. I have been trying to keep the mood lite with it. I named it T2 (Tumor 2, the baby is B1). They will be good friends. Our baby might be quite the cuddler when he/she comes out:) Anyway its nothing to big, but is something we will watch. It also means I get more ultrasounds then most so they can monitor it, and the baby. I am not worried. I will get a blessing soon and that will help Jared and I relax a little. But the good thing is the baby is alive and well. Oh and we are due JUNE 8th!!

2 comments:

  1. Scary and exciting all in the same day. June birthday, thats perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would have been freaking out not know what was going on. Glad it's not to big of a deal. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete