So I know there are a lot of people out there who think I am crazy that I am training my 6 month old to potty train, but I don't think it should be called "training". We call it potty time. At this age Noah doesn't mind it at all. He actually likes sitting on his little potty and we clap with excitement when he tinkles in his potty, which YES he does pee in his potty. He hasn't gone number 2 yet but that will take a few more months to get to know the signs for that. All it took was getting to know his timing...which changes every month. He always tinkles 5 min after eating or drinking and then usually every 15 min after that. Right now he is only using the potty right after eating and the rest of the time he is going in his cloth diaper. By no means is this method to get him "trained" now but will get him a start for when he is more mobile say 1 year old. He is a very good baby and loves all the attention he gets which is a lot!

Here he is using his potty. It's in the bathroom so he gets use to where he is should potty. He is holding my tooth brush because he loves to eat it...and learning to brush his lack of teeth, basically stimulating his gums. He also is getting use to the flush noise of the toilet since I heard that scares a lot of kids when learning to potty in the toilet. When we use the restroom he does also. He is doing so well!
Along the same lines for Christmas Noah also got new diaper covers. They are called Econobum Diaper covers. They are GREAT and at a great price. The cloth diapers have been soo easy. There is not dunking in the toilet and not leaks or blow outs. Not to mention the money we save on disposable diapers (which he still wears at night). Any how I just love these:
If you are thinking about cloth diapers or know someone who is let me know and I can give them some great tips, also infant potty training.
I love the cloth diapers. I use a lot of prefolds and covers, but my friends love the Motherease diapers with covers, as well as Fuzzibuns one size pocket diapers. (the elastic is much easier to replace when needed than bumgenius) Great tip: get a diaper sprayer or have your local hardware man rig one up for you out of a kitchen sprayer. It will come in handy when baby poo is stickier and when you can't wash diapers very often.
ReplyDelete