Friday, May 21, 2010

Outlook

In the morning after I get things ready for the day I go and check my emails.  Our home page on our computer is msn.com so all the top stories are up for me to quickly skim through before I check my email or all your blogs. Well one of the stories on msn.com today was on relationships and why women chose the men they do. It had a picture of Donal Trump and his beautiful wife, which of course we all wonder why are they together? Many celebrity couples are that way I think, one is much more attractive than the other. It got me thinking to how I use to play this game with a group of girls where we would got down to the strip in Vegas when we lived there and play "who got the better deal" about couples that would walk by. I know, rude. Also that same group of girls had a rule they would only date as they called it DD or L's. (Dentist, Doctors or Lawyers) and they wouldn't even look at other men. I understood these girls had good carers and were well educated, but I always thought that was an unfair way of choosing a mate. Then I had other friends who were so obsessed with looks they wouldn't even date a guy who wasn't wanted by all the other women they knew or who wouldn't be allowed on The Thunder Down Under. Seriously I though wow this is how people think?
Well I remember my first boyfriend and I have to admit I dated him because all the other girls wanted him and he was very good looking. Of course that didn't last long, so I moved on to men who made more money and then men who were were going to help me get some where in life and so on and so forth.  It wasn't till I had a very good change of heart one day when my grandpa told me "Stop looking for Mr. Perfect and start looking for Mr. Right". That really got me thinking. It got me thinking so much I went on a man fast, yes a man fast. Where I was going to not date but only be friends with the men in my life and learn who I was before I tried to figure out who we would be together.  And of course during this time I met Jared.  Jared was just a very kind man in my ward that I knew a lot of people loved.  We quickly became friends and I was not looking for that special someone.
We spent days and hours together really getting to know each other and know ourselves better.  I found out Jared had a heart of pure gold.  He was the most compassionate man I had ever met.  He literally gave the shirt of his back for another person when they needed it.  He loved his family more then most people I have ever met. He looked at the world through...well Christ like eyes.  He didn't judge people he didn't spend hours on meaningless things he was true, honest and loving.
When he expressed to me that he would like to date me, I said right away...I am on a boy fast, but let me think about it. The next day I knew.  I knew I would be the dumbest person alive if I let him walk away. If I let the man of my dreams only be a "Friend".  Jared was all the things I have always wanted.  He has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen...it still melts my heart. He has the most stunning blue eyes, which I hope our little guy gets, and he is just so handsome. He has always had a great job, although most the time I don't try to understand what he does, I just know he is good at it and is a very dedicated person, which is more then enough for me.
All the things about Jared I was blind to for a long time because my priorities were messed up, because I was judging people from what I thought was how we were suppose to pick a mate.  I now look at friends of mine who have been single for a long time and have such high...well not standards, but ridiculous expectations and they are still single and still looking in the wrong direction.  I commend my friends like Tracy and Tammy who are beautiful women who are looking in the right direction, but he hasn't found them yet. That even though the world will teach them and so many of us to look the wrong way, they still look after what is pure and good. And I see my other friends who are still wondering when Mr Perfect will look their way.
After this article today I just get so thankful for the husband I have.  That I got the entire package. That he will love me more than anyone ever could and would give his life so that I would be happy.  I am so thankful for him. Thankful he KNOWS me, knows my flaws and everything about me and still LOVES me by choice:)
All in all I found this article about how women and men perceive each other to be the wrong way that the world looks at love. When you find that man who loves God first and then you don't let him go. You will find a lot of men who love themselves before you, but the ones who love God are the keepers. Keep your eyes out ladies for that man that takes your breath away not because he is perfect, but because he is RIGHT.

1 comment:

  1. Abby,

    Thanks for your outlook. That is a reminder I was needing. I enjoy reading your blog and I hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete