I'd like the following people to be present during labor and/or birth:
*Paula Thacker (Midwife)
*Jared Wright (Husband)
*Hannah Macey ( Doula )
LABOR
*I would like the option of returning home if I’m not in active labor.
Once I'm admitted, I'd like:
*A nurse that is familiar and supportive towards natural childbirth.
*My partner to be allowed to stay with me at all times.
*Only my practitioner, nurse and guests present (i.e. no residents, medical students, or other hospital personnel)
*To wear my contact lenses, as long as I don’t need a c-section.
*To eat if I wish.
*To stay hydrated by drinking clear fluids instead of having an IV
*To walk and move around as I chose.
As long as the baby and I are doing fine, I'd like:
*To have intermittent rather than continuous electronic fetal monitoring.
*To be allowed to progress free of stringent time limits.
If they're available, I'd like to try:
*A birthing stool.
*A birthing chair.
*A birthing pool/tub
When it's time to push, I'd like to:
*Preferably Squatting
*As long as my baby and I are doing fine, I’d like the pushing stage to be allowed to progress free of stringent time limits, to follow the body’s natural urges to push when the time is right, with gentle coaching.
*Freedom to change position.
PAIN RELIEF
I'd like to try the following pain-management techniques:
*Please don’t offer me pain medication. I’ll request it if I need it.
*Bath/Shower- Hydrotherapy
*Massage/Relaxation
*Breathing techniques/distraction
*Comfort techniques involving certain positions and movement.
VAGINAL BIRTH
I'd like:
* Would like to avoid all interventions that will deter from a natural childbirth, such as vacuum or forceps.
*To risk a tear rather than have an episiotomy.
After birth, I'd like:
*Delayed clamping of the cord for at least 5-10min.
*If partner chooses to cut the cord would like the option to do so.
*Immediate skin to skin contact with baby and mother after birth.
*If procedures need to be done immediately I would like them to be performed while I hold the baby
*Would prefer a period of at least 30 minutes of intimate time after birth with mother, baby and Father
*I will try to establish breast feeding during this intimate time.
*Not to get routine oxytocin (pitocin) after I deliver the placenta.
C-SECTION
If I have a c-section, I'd like:
*My partner present at all times during the operation.
*The baby given to my partner as soon as he’s dried ( as long as he’s in good health)
*To breastfeed my baby in the recovery room.
POSTPARTUM
After delivery, I'd like:
*All newborn procedures to take place in my presence.
*My partner to stay with the baby at all times if I can’t be there
*To stay in a private room
*To have a cot provided for my partner.
*Breastfeed exclusively. On a schedule as I determine.
*No interventions must be given to the baby without my consent, such as pacifier, formula, water, etc.
If my baby's a boy:
*I’d like him circumcised at the hospital.
*I’d like my husband to be present during the circumcision.
why don't you have a midwife?
ReplyDeleteI do have a midwife. It's Paula, I will update it:)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything!
ReplyDelete