
Jared is never aloud to try out for American Idol, many of life's questions are answered in the movie The Sound of Music, people CAN smell worse than dogs, and you can find love amongst 25 people in a 6 week period. But the real lesson lately I have learned is there is nothing I can do when someone else is in pain. When someone is crying and hurt all I can do is comfort them and pray that they will feel better soon. As many of you know Jared has been very ill lately. After 2 ER visits and one doctor referring us to another doctor we have come up with no conclusions yet as to what could possibly be be making him so sick. Our last appointment was with a gastronologist (I think that is what they are called) and has Jared scheduled for an invasive procedure to check out his intestines, large and small. About a month has past since his stomach pains really started flaring up. He no longer has his 104 fever he had for 2 weeks, he no longer is spending hours in the bath room or bent over in horrible pain all day long. But every day he feels a flair up and he is doubled over in pain for a few minutes and there is nothing I can do.
Watching someone you love in so much pain when they are crying themselves to sleep and you not being able to do anything about it is so heart breaking. I find myself praying day in and day out to know how I can somehow help, how I could just take away his pain, even onto myself. I end up crying with him at night because I know I can't help the person I love the most in the world. Although things are much better then they were and we have high hopes that this procedure tomorrow will tell us a lot, I just want the pain to stop.
When I was a little girl I never remember being sick, or really even as a teenager till I moved out of my home. I do remember days my mom and dad would say "We wish we could take upon us your pain", weather that was emotional pain or physical my parents made it very clear they loved me and would do anything for me. I imagine my mother spend a lot of time worrying about my sister and I and many hours crying over our pains, and wishing the same thing that she could take away any and all pains. I am not a parent yet, but even with Jared I am so protective of him and his feelings, emotional and physical. Being so helpless is hard, but with the faith that I have that God will provide and that he understands our pains and fears, I know that things will be ok no matter what happens. I am sure there will be things in our future that will be hard and there will be things that will shake us, but I know through our faith and prayers we can handle whatever life throws at us.
I am so thankful for my husband Jared and how much he loves me. I am so thankful that I found a man that fits with me like a perfect puzzle. That we have a lot of love for each other and understand each other so well. I am so thankful God trusted us with each other. I could never have loved anyone more and never would meet someone who loves me as much as he loves me. I feel so blessed with Jared as my partner and best friend.
Watching someone you love in so much pain when they are crying themselves to sleep and you not being able to do anything about it is so heart breaking. I find myself praying day in and day out to know how I can somehow help, how I could just take away his pain, even onto myself. I end up crying with him at night because I know I can't help the person I love the most in the world. Although things are much better then they were and we have high hopes that this procedure tomorrow will tell us a lot, I just want the pain to stop.
When I was a little girl I never remember being sick, or really even as a teenager till I moved out of my home. I do remember days my mom and dad would say "We wish we could take upon us your pain", weather that was emotional pain or physical my parents made it very clear they loved me and would do anything for me. I imagine my mother spend a lot of time worrying about my sister and I and many hours crying over our pains, and wishing the same thing that she could take away any and all pains. I am not a parent yet, but even with Jared I am so protective of him and his feelings, emotional and physical. Being so helpless is hard, but with the faith that I have that God will provide and that he understands our pains and fears, I know that things will be ok no matter what happens. I am sure there will be things in our future that will be hard and there will be things that will shake us, but I know through our faith and prayers we can handle whatever life throws at us.
I am so thankful for my husband Jared and how much he loves me. I am so thankful that I found a man that fits with me like a perfect puzzle. That we have a lot of love for each other and understand each other so well. I am so thankful God trusted us with each other. I could never have loved anyone more and never would meet someone who loves me as much as he loves me. I feel so blessed with Jared as my partner and best friend.
So many interesting and good thoughts. I like seeing in the mind of Abby.
ReplyDeleteDallas and I are praying for you both. I remember my parents telling me that too. I think that kind of love is universal. Good luck with the testing and we look forward to the good news.
ReplyDelete