Monday, March 15, 2010

Dogs


So I am kind of put off by the lack of love for dogs in our state. I have been looking for camp sites or hikes that we can take our dogs off or even on leash and there is nothing! There are dog parks specifically for dogs which is nice, but they are few and far between, but the reality is if we want to camp with our dogs or go hiking we have to go out of state. This is annoying to me. I love our dogs. Jared loves our dogs (more than me I am sure). We just want to make sure they experience life just like we do. It's not fair for them to have to sit at home all the time or in some fenced yard. We do take our dogs out for runs every day for at least an hour, so they do get their exercises, but I want more dog to dog socializing and I want them to love their life and the out doors, it's just hard to do when there is no place to take them. I understand not everyone is a dog lover, but my doggies are my babies and they deserve rights too.

2 comments:

  1. We camp with our dog all the time. All the state parks allow dogs but you can't take them near any reservoirs. We camp at Jordanelle, Wasatch Mountain State park. but that is Rv camping, I don't know if it is different for Tents. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs too. I always see dogs off leashes in the campgrounds.
    Maybe just don't get caught?
    How's the new hood?

    ReplyDelete