I am blogging while sitting in my back yard in the sun while drinking my pink lemon aid. And weirdly enough thinking about dinner. Who would have thought I would start thinking about what to cook for dinner around 11am today. I have always heard of people who plan out their meals for the day right when they wake up but I always thought that was only mom's. I have learned since getting married that Jared does like to know what is for dinner even before I have thought about it, which is a new concept for me. I just usually look in the fridge and pull out what is fast and easy. Since he has been the cook in the house for the last year I started watching cooking shows to see if I could get in the mood. And you know what...if you follow a recipe it usually turns out tasting good. Again new concept for me.
Today is St. Patricks day and one of my favorite holidays, not just because Green is my favorite color but because being Irish we have lots of fun meals for this day. So for dinner tonight is Corned beef and cabbage. Really its a more Americanized meal with sauerkraut and in a patty form, but yum yum. Thanks Grandma McCoy for making me love my heritage and love cabbage!
Ps dinner turned out great and I got a sun burn!!
they served that today in the Novell Cafe. I have never had it and the most I celebrate this holiday is wearing green (which is also my favorite color).
ReplyDelete