People tell me ALL the time what a BIG boy I have. I thought sure he is just healthy and tall. I mean come on my family are all very tall (except my sister) and Jared's family are well...they are short but his one brother is over 6ft...so Noah probably will be tall. It wasn't till yesterday that I realized how big he really was. I know he is off the charts for height and 99% for weight but that only means 99% of kids weight the same as him and only one percent are bigger. At church yesterday he stood up next to a two year old and they were the same size. This kid wasn't small he wasn't tall he was average for a two year old. Last month his measurments were the exact same as his 1.5 year old cousin. Then I threw on his favorate pj's last night and looked at the tag...
Wow! He is a big boy. Owen is still wearing 6-12 mo stuff and doesn't even fit in all of it. Btw, you got the percentage thing wrong. 99th percentile means 1% are bigger than him (like you said) but that he is bigger than 99% of kids.
ReplyDeleteReally? I got it from here (baby center):
ReplyDeleteIt's easiest to explain this by example. If your 3-month-old son is in the 40th percentile for weight and the 80th for height, for instance, that means 40 percent of 3-month-old boys in the United States weigh the same as or less than your baby and 60 percent weigh more. Similarly, 80 percent of boys his age are the same length as or shorter than your child and 20 percent are longer.