Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Carotenimia
So I dont know if you ever noticed this about Noah but Jared and I have and my mom suggested I get it checked out. Noah always has a orange/yellow noes. Here is an example:
I promise I bath him but he always has this orange nose and sometimes his hands and feet get this way. My mom thought it might be a cerculation problem but that was ruled out because he wouldn't be yellow/orange. Then of corse we thought oh no he might have joundace. Again no the whites of his eyes would be yellow first. So after talking to the nurse (I didn't think it was pressing enough to see the dr) she assured me it was Carotenimia. To much carotene. And it isn't a bad thing. It is that he eats a lot of foods high in Carotene like carrots, squash, sweet potatos and most fruits. It would never hurt him but a varation in his diet would cause this to be less prevelent. Every day he eats fruit for breakfast and then lunch is veggies and dinner is mac and cheese or turkey and sweet potatos or what ever we are eating that he likes. So now I just need to make sure he is getting more green foods to counter act the coloring. He is a cutie and just loves his veggies and fruits :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope its nothing bad. He is cute.
ReplyDelete