Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Recovery - Post Pardom

Not to be confused with Post mortem like Jared always does. So life after baby...

Life has been good.  We love our little Noah so much and even late nights are special to me because it's Noah and mommy time.  Noah is doing so good. From day one he could hold his head up and was VERY alert.  He only cries when it's feeding time or diaper time, as usual. He is a good sleeper and a smiley little man.  He makes the cutest faces and we love that! He is always smiling at this daddy. He knows his dad's voice very well. He is growing big and strong and we are just in LOVE with him!


As for life post emergency Cesarean...my midwife told me the fastest way to heal from a cesarean is to be active. The next day after my surgery they had me up and showering and walking the halls of the maternity ward, which was not the most comfortable thing in the world but so glad I did. Now I am up to 2 mile walks a day. Really I want to be running by now but I can totally feel it the harder I push it. My midwife said I could work out in 3 more weeks.  I am hoping to work my way up to it so that I can.  She said No sit ups for a while though. Reality is I hate sit ups and I have never had a flat stomach so what is the use trying to get one now. I just want to be where I was before.  Technically I have lost all the weight already I gained with the pregnancy, but I got to my goal weight being so sick my 3rd month and want to see that number again:) But I can be patient...I did just have a kid 3 weeks ago.

Jared is loving being a daddy.  He is always in a hurry to come home to hold Noah and always is ready to help in any way he can.  I don't think I have changed more than 3 diapers since he was born because Jared tackles that task with a smile. We are happy with our lives and are so grateful for our blessed Noah. Also I need to mention that when Noah came into our lives it opened a whole new world up to us and with that new world came a new deeper love.  I have always been uber in love with Jared and he with me, but since Noah came along we are falling deeper and deeper in love each day. Who knew having a baby would change so many things. Thank you Noah for being such a blessing to us and blessing our lives every day!

1 comment: