
So today is the day Jared has been waiting for for a LONG time. No he isn't getting a new bike (Although someone did knock it over last week and did quite a bit of damage), no he isn't getting yet another puppy (NOT ALLOWED) and no he isn't getting rid of me:) He gets his BRACES today!! As a young chap he was quite hard on his teeth. He would often get into accidents skate boarding or just ruff housing and break teeth. Today starts the process of straightening his teeth and having a healthier bite. Luckily I work for a dentist so all his dental work is free and we get a GREAT discount at the orthodontist. After 6-12 months in braces he will have jaw surgery. I know right! But they say that it's not as painful as you would think. And unlike in ancient days where they had to wire the jaw shut to heal they only rubber band it shut. The problem is his jaw never fully developed and that caused his overbite and cross bite. He will still be able to work and he can still talk, but he has to mush up his food for 7 days after. A definite 10lb weight loss, which we know he does not need. (Maybe I should join him:)) At that point he will wear the braces an additional 6-12 months. When all is said and done he will have the smile he has always wanted! To me Jared is perfect. He has a beautiful smile now and will always have that twinkle that makes me LOVE him so much. But I know for him this is something he has always wanted. Jared is the love of my life and my best friend in every way, and you deserve it!


Oh how I don't miss those days! I got them in college and it was a hard adjustment. But it will be so worth it in the end! Good for him for doing it! He will be so happy when it is all over.
ReplyDeleteOh man I always wanted braces!! GO Jared! Is he getting those fun colored ones? hahaha
ReplyDelete