I was just looking at the picture that I just posted and it got me to thinking how grateful I am for my husband and what a good man he is. I know I write about him a lot, but he is my best friend and shinning example. This last week Jared's family was in town and it was nice to get to know them better since I had only met his parents and Shane the day before our wedding and hadn't seen them since. Also I had never met his little brother Ryan who also came this week. While they were here it was wonderful to get to know them better. Jared's brother Shane is 31 and when he was 22 he was in a car accident (well got pushed out of a moving car) and hit his head and spent many months in the hospital and a medically induced coma. They didn't expect him to be anything other than a vegetable from his head injury. His mother wouldn't give up though. She believed that the Lord would take him on machines if He wanted him. Shane came out of his coma and back to the world slowly. Every day Shane is learning new things and relearning old things. He had to relearn almost everything and was promised that he would be used for a special purpose in his life. Shane can walk with little assistance as to which direction because he has very little eye site. He eats all on his own and does everything all on his own other then showering. He loves music and will dance and snap his fingers to anything that he likes, but he also will tell you if something is "Crap" or something he doesn't like. Having him here this week was wonderful for me to experience. He walks with the spirit and radiates light. He often forgets things and will ask over and over where he is and what day it is, but he never forgets people. Every morning he would say "Hi Abby" or "Hi Jared." He was always wanting to kiss my belly and rub my belly saying "Come out little guy. Come see me". Shane loves to hug and hold hands and of course I love that! His speech is a little slurred and it's hard sometimes to tell what he says, but he has no problem repeating himself till I understand what he is saying or asking. Jared loves his older brother so much and takes such good care of him. Shane loves Sarah Mcgauglin music and Jared set it up so that Shane could listen to it all night long in his room. I found them "rocking out" one morning down stairs having so much fun together. Jared loves his family so much and has such a special love for his brother Shane. They are truly best friends and I love to see that.
While here Shane brought me to tears many times. Jared asked him to say a prayer over pizza we were having for lunch. Shane loves to eat! He doesn't have the switch that tells him he is full so he eats like this could be his last meal. So when it was time for him to say the prayer he took off his hat, folded his arms and said the most beautiful prayer. He basically thanked God for every little thing in our house as well as our cars, dogs and every piece of peperoni on the pizza. He prayed for his family and for his little brother Ryan who has been struggling a little. Although a lot of the prayer could not be heard, the spirit was so strong! That was the best Pizza I have ever had! I thank him for his love for life and what a special person he is, and for my husband who knows someday Shane will be our responsibility and can't wait to spend every min of his last days with us!

No comments:
Post a Comment