Friday, April 9, 2010

Free-ing!

After 3 hours of looking at new tax laws and being so depressed we were going to have to pay $900 in taxes this year I found a solution!! A couple weeks ago I took it upon myself to make some needed changes for us financially. I called and talked to our phone company and got $200 waved on a bill (my fault for going over minutes). Then I studied taxes to find that we qualified for more then we expected. So now instead of paying taxes we are getting money back!! Whoot Whoot! And we just got it today, and we used it to pay off my car...well all but a tiny bit that they always tack on the end. But still the feeling of relief is great! Jared and I are pretty money smart I would say in that we have plans to be debt free by our 3rd year of marriage...and so far we are following that path well. When Jared married me he knew I was expensive and that I had college loans and car debt and he still married me. He also has a tiny bit of his own. But with our dedication to paying things right away and keeping up with our finances we are moving forward...flying forward I should say.
When I lost my job in December I was so scared that we were not going to be able to pay our bills let alone survive. But Jared stepped up and worked his butt off so that we are able to get by on one income. I know not very many people can do this and it's hard for me to not be working and rely totally on him, but he is such a hard worker and loves to take care of me (or so he says:). I am really blessed that Jared is the man he is and that he wants me to be a stay at home mom and is able to provide for us so we can do that. Although I think I will still do somethings on the side. I am thankful that paying our tithing is what makes all these things possible. The Lord loves all of us and wants all of us to succeed, I promise you that. Tithing is always the answer.

1 comment:

  1. I am still waiting for my tax return. Good for you for looking into it before just paying.

    ReplyDelete