When I was pregnant with Noah they discovered a small fibroid in my uterus (tumor) that may have prevented Jared and I from getting pregnant for the 6 months we tried. Due to this fibroid, pregnancy was tough and it grew with Noah. It grew around my uterus taking some nutrients from Noah and they believe that is why he was 42.5 weeks along when I delivered and weighed only 5lbs. When they took out Noah they saw that there was only a VERY VERY small section of my uterus that wasn't covered with the tumor. Noah was born Cesarean section and when they took out my uterus to scrap it clean they also took some of the fibroid/uterus with it. I was told after Noah that my chances of getting pregnant are still normal, BUT the chances of implantation VERY VERY small since there is a less then 2% likelihood I could find a place to implant on a tumor covered uterus. To be honest this news didn't make me sad at all. Having Noah was the greatest blessing I could ever have had, but doing it again just sent me in a panic. So last month when we saw we were pregnant we were shocked and so was the Dr. She said I have no idea how you did this, but it looks like we have to wait to see if it will implant, and that is where we lost our second pregnancy was its inability to implant into the uterus.
Since then I have been soooo sick. I have had fevers, nausea, lots of cramping and just feeling icky 24/7. I went to the Dr and they did a test the day I miscarried and my HCG was 25. Three days later it was less than 5 which means miscarriage. So the miscarriage was still gone, but I was sooo sick! So we went back a week later because I was just not feeling right and thought maybe they needed to do a D&C or something to get me feeling less sick. She took more blood and my numbers (7 days after my < 5) were at 815. What this meant neither of us knew. Maybe they did miss something! My progesterone was at 20 and they couldn't figure out what was going on. I could! I knew my body and I knew, heaven help us, I was pregnant again. The Dr said it was IMPOSSIBLE since I have to have a period to ovulate and you have to ovulate to get pregnant. Or ER Dr told us to wait a few months to build back up the uterine lining after the miscarriage. My OB said try when ever, but know your odds are still less than 2%. Apparently it would take one day after I stopped bleeding.
We have been going to a GREAT high risk Dr who has never seen any cases like this. Sure enough 2 days after my 815 (anything over 500 is 50% chance of twins) the numbers went up to 1845! He quickly scheduled an ultra sound and sure enough some how some way I implanted and there was a sack...but no baby no heart beat :( Jared couldn't make it to the appointment so Grandma Abbott came with me. She and I held hands and cried. They said come back in a week and we will check again. He said the numbers are to high you just might not be far enough along. According to their numbers I would have had to get pregnant during my miscarriage which is SO not the case. So a week latter Grandma Abbott and I went in optimistic we would leave with good news.
We have a baby! We have a heart beat! And we are almost out of the woods! We have to make it to week 12 before our chances fall down to less than 12% of losing this one.
I have been sicker then I ever was with Noah. If you remember with Noah I was on IV's and bed rest, looks like we are on the same boat with this one. I never paid attention to HCG levels or progesterone with Noah because it never mattered to me, but apparently the higher your numbers the more at risk you are for hyperemisis which I had with Noah and now that my hcg is 33k and 21 progesterone I am there again. The DR recommended I get a zofran pump. It's like a diabetic pump that shoots insulin, but for me it would shoot zofran to keep me from losing so much weight and help me to keep some foods down. I wish there was a miracle drug that would help me keep weight on and feel normal and not lose my hair like I did with Noah and not get so deathly ill!
I can tell you I am sooo scared. I am beyond scared. With Noah I had such bad bad depression while pregnant and I can feel it coming with this one and that is SO not fair to Noah so I am trying everything in my power to stay positive. My house hasn't looked messier and my son hasn't smelled worse ;) Good thing Jared has been taking such good care of me. Every time I head to the bathroom to lose my food Noah comes in and rubs my head and says "It's ok mama, It's ok" I tell you what...that kid knows his mama and knows exactly what she needs to hear. God bless him for being the angle he is.
We will keep you all posted. We have been trying to keep it on the Down Low until we know more but a good heart beat is good news! And that makes our due date November 5th. OY VEH!!!
Abby you made me cry reading this!! I am so excited for you! You are one tough cookie and you will be able to handle this. Besides the outcome is the best thing ever. Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteI am so so happy for you. There is a special place in heaven for mothers because of the sacrifices they make for their children. You can do this! Remind yourself it won't last forever. It's amazing that with your odds you have this baby on the way. What a wonderful blessing! You will be in my prayers. Please keep the updates coming! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh man! You sure are a trooper! I can't imagine having a pregnancy that horrible. I hope this baby stays and that you get better quick. I'll keep you in my prayers too. Try and take care of yourself and not do too much!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I would be scared if I were you too! You are strong though and I am sure everything will turn out alright. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you Sweetie. Things sound "good" though!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear that there is a baby with a strong heartbeat in there! You are a strong, strong woman. I cannot imagine going through the pregnancies you do. I will keep you in my prayers that things go well. This is a miracle baby! :)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! That is such great news to hear :) I will keep you in my prayers that you can have the strength to get through this pregnancy. I hope you stay healthy and that your pump of zofran works. Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are so happy for you and Jared! You ARE so strong, and you can do hard things, you have proved that throughout your life. Plus you have two great boys in your life to support you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I am so excited to hear this. My prayers go out to you. Hang in there. I bet having Noah around really helps this time. What a sweet heart to comfort you. Love that. =)
ReplyDeletePraying for you and baby.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Abby! So excited for you. Not that you are sick though :( that makes me sad. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete