Monday, August 8, 2011

New seat!

Pediatricians say to keep kids in rear facing car seats until they are two. My pediatrician laughed when I told him this saying "and how do you expect your GIANT to be in a rear facing car seat?" So we set off to buy him a big boy seat...forward facing. We googled and read reviews and finally got him a forward facing car seat that is 3 in one! So he can grow with it and now his poor little knees aren't smashed in his face. Any how we put it in the back seat of the truck and went for a ride. We have a video player in the front of the truck that who ever sits in the middle of the back seat of the truck can watch along with the front people (excluding the driver of course). So we threw on a movie and off we went. We had lunch on our drive and around 8pm Noah started to get quite fussy.  He usually doesn't like car seats but he started to really cry! I was scared because he doesn't usually cry this hard unless he is getting an owie. So I searched him to make sure he wasn't being pinched anywhere then decided he must just be really tired.  About 2 seconds later I turn around and he projectile vomiting! He has never ever thrown up before. I started freaking out yelling "Pull over. Pull over NOW!" As I was unbuckling and climbing to the back. Jared keep telling me to relax that he is OK as he throws up again. So what seemed like forever (20 seconds) Jared pulled over and I crying, yanked my baby out of his car seat and into my arms.  He was fine...covered with vomit as I was now, but fine.  He wanted to play and wanted down. I was still crying hysterically "why would my healthy baby throw up?" Well apparently baby's can get car sick too. Wish some one would have told me this. After about 20 minutes on the side of the road cleaning out the truck and me trying to calm down as my son played on the tail gate we headed back home...only 5 minuets away. I am fine now, but still brings a tear to my eye thinking of him throwing up and his little eyes saying "What is going on?". My baby is my little angle and seeing him sick just kills me. Only short car rides from now on till he gets use to the car seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment