We arrived Wednesday at 4pm and the plane trip was so fun for Noah.
So grateful that Jared down loaded Baby Einstein for Noah to watch on the flight!
Thursday we had a chance to do a little shopping and hang out with the family:
Grandma Abbott and Jared
Noah, Jared and Grandpa Abbott
Vinny (Lisa's fiance/now husband) Lives in Massapequa on Long Island and here is his beautiful home where we stayed right on the water:
The back of the house
Their sweet dog Guinness...although Grandpa thought his name was Dennis and called him that the whole time.
The Bride Aunt Lisa!!! with Noah
Friday Jared, Noah and I took the whole day and headed into the city to explore!
Noah loved the train put him right to sleep.
After Time Square we stopped for some street food. I got a Gyro and Jared got a Philly Cheese Stake. YUM!:
Then off to Central Park:
Jared was trying to nap while I took this.
Here is his scowl
Finally you can see his teeth! To bad his top teeth are chipped :( Still a cutie!
Things along the way:
Elmo
Radio City Music Hall
Some cool building
Cool way to get around if you want to get hit by a crazy NY cab driver.
Central Park surrounded by city.
Yes smoking a cigar and riding his bike.
Jared was in front of this weird flower thing so I snapped a photo of my hot husband!
On the way back to the train we swung by Grand Central Station:
I was told Juniors was the worlds best Cheese Cake...uh it was ok :)
Then home to relax! On Saturday the whole family went out to see the city and we went with again!
Jessica and I making Margaritas in Vinny's bar.
The crew
The ladies. Yes I am a whole head taller then his family.
The Wrights (Minus Vonnie and Shane that came)
The Bride and Groom! Vinny and Lisa
Terra and her fiance
Jessica and me
On the train!
Noah was ready to sleep and he always has one last Howrah...here he said "Hump" then was out!
Subway
Ground Zero. Freedom tower.
Vinny told us all about the day 9-11 happened. He is a retired Fire Fighter. September 11th he was at a fire fighter training 16 blocks away when they got the call all fire fighters were being recalled to ground zero. They took off the the subway/train and nothing was moving they saw the second plane hit and threw off their suit coats and started running. By the time they got their the towers had just fell. Vinny was struck by some falling building and had to retire due to his injury's. He and his fire station lost 10 men that day. While he was recounting the experience this tough Italian man started crying. It was touching to see him talk about that day and how people really experienced it there. Our hearts go out to those who serve us and sacrifice so much for our freedom.
This building is across the street from the trade towers it had a huge hole blown in it, which has since been repaired.
The first US cab I hailed.
This statue was between the towers and it is almost fully enacted.
Bunker by the Statue of Liberty
Boats at the Pier
Lunch at a amazing pizza place!
Our little ham
Our little family
Terra (Jared's sister) and Rob
The young ens...Jessica and Kylee
Yes Tiffany's! Loved it!
Wall street. We weren't there to see the rush of crowds but it was still cool.
A beautiful church
TV's in the church
Little Italy was AMAZING! The Calzones were amazing.
Vinny and Gary eating corn on a stick! Yumm
John Mayer in the pink pants
I yelled John and he turned around and waved.
A nice car I guess everyone awwwwed
China Town
How you park down town.
Inside the Empire State Building. We didn't go up because it was $54 AND there was a long line. I can just google earth it and save the money.
Time Square Jared and his momma
Then Sunday was the wedding! Lisa looked stunning and so did the whole family!
Back of the Brides dress
Ready to get hitched!
My fun new black dress. I don't think I was ready for this photo so I look a little stiff.
Jan in her mother of the bride dress!
Noah loved the wedding!
So did we!
Jessica and me.
Cousin Jessica and her mom Cheri
The Abbot girls.
The groom and Noah
Cousins Kylee and Jessica
Had to take a picture of grandma's hair...Long Island BIG
Grandma and Grandpa Abbott
Niece Addy, Jared and Shane
The out door wedding
Vinny was crying when he saw how BEAUTIFUL Lisa was
Vinny has 2 twin brothers that are police officers and super HANDSOME! Short but handsome.
Shane wanted to take a photo of me
During the reception Noah was out for the count
Aunt Lori, Grandma and Jessica dancing it up on the dance floor
Lisa wanted to hold the sleeping baby. He woke up long enough to see his stunning Aunt
Monday Noah was sooo tired as we all were from partying till 2:30AM at the wedding.
It was such a fun trip! Next time we go we have a lot still we want to see and do. Noah was so good the whole time as usual. We love you Lisa and Vinny! Thanks for letting us enjoy a little of your adventures!
What a fun trip! So glad you got to go. I love NY!
ReplyDeleteYou lookin good in your little black dress Abby! What a fun trip... I have always wanted to go to NYC!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was an awesome trip! Very cool (and sad) about Vinny recounting the story from 9-11. And Noah looks darling in his short and tie. :)
ReplyDeleteAbby! You are seriously looking so skinny! Also, thank you for taking a picture of John Mayer. I like to think you took it for me :)
ReplyDelete