So it's posts like this that really make me miss my camera. So this last week a lot has happened. On Wednesday I came home from work and decided to take Jake the dog out for a run. He was running I was riding the bike. So we were cruising as usual and I decided to cost for a minute. Well he turned to see why I was slowing and slipped on some water the sprinklers had hit the trail with and BAM! It all happened. To save the life of my poor dog I quickly grabbed the brakes. The left breaks! It was to late. I endoed (Flipped over the handle bars) and onto the ground I smacked! All I remember is hearing some guy saying...Lady are you ok?! You hit hard! Luckily that man happened to be a nurse or qualified as one cause he took me home and gave me ice and took care of my husbands prised possession...his bike. The dog is fine FYI. He wagged his tale the whole way home while I was crying and calling Jared. The road rash on my right arm is NASTY and the bruises on my legs are HORRIBLE! It looks like I broke both my legs or tried to. I think i looks like I jumped out of a car. But you can imagine where the biggest bruise is. When calling Jared to tell him of my accident in tears I said "I broke my vagina!" We both laughed. All in all I am fine. Healing just fine and taking a few days off from the bike.
In other news. Saturday was my first sun experience of the year! The sun was out and color was coming my way. We were lucky enough to go yard sailing with our cousins Heather and Greg and there little ones. Heather and I got to relax in the sun, while the boys watched the kids or in reality played video games and the kids watched themselves. Jared mowed the lawn and watered it. He is sure a landscaper at heart. Heather then invited us to a ward BBQ where we had a good meal and had lot of fun!
Today is just a lazy Sunday. Hope all is well and I promise to buy a camera soon!
I'm glad you didn't lose your sense of humor in your bike accident. oh dear. :) I loved your story over the phone too, with that guy. I'm glad he helped you. I didn't know it was Jake that basically caused it though. Be careful. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing okay! That would really hurt. Anyways, I still want to say congrats again on your marriage. You two are a beautiful couple. I am sorry I couldn't be there.
ReplyDeleteLOL That is classic! Not the accident, but your sense of humor about it! I am glad you are ok... Glad I can see your blog now too! Call me if you ever just need a chat!
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
Jo =)