Wednesday, May 6, 2009

LIFE

So many of you know we just moved and are LOVING it! We live in a very safe, self efficient, beautiful community. Jared and I enjoy all the great amenity they offer. If we are not out on the great trails we are at the local lake which are all within walking or biking distance. We bike everywhere in town. Last night I biked to enrichment that was just down the street ( PS you have to roll up your pant leg or you will discover like I did that your pants will RIP) and we learned how to grow and organic garden. Living in our community we are each allotted a large garden in our community where we can plant anything and then learn to trade with those around us. It is a great way of learning to be self sufficient and to share. I learned that planting a garden could be so much fun as well as beneficial for my family.

There is a local gym we get to go to that is included in our HOA. It's a great gym with an indoor track and lots and lots of weights and cardio, not to mention a weekly schedule of volleyball and basketball. There are also many classes from Yoga to Karate. I have also just become a member of the local book club. There are children of all ages playing outside and riding their bikes, constantly there are activities for the kids. We feel so blessed to love where there is so much to do!

The reason I am writing about our location is that just yesterday at our old aprtment complex there was a shooting and killing. Everyone there has a gun and is not afraid to us it. I was constantly frightened when Jared would be out just taking out the trash that something bad was going to happen to him. I am sooo grateful that our prayers were answered and that we found a place we love!

Other news is that being married is truly a compromise. You really learn what one person wants/likes and what they don't. He cooks things I don't like and I do the same. I clean a different way then he is use to and he cleans different then I am use to. It really is a learning process. He has to put up with my emotional roller coasters and I put up with his attitude. We love each other so much that we look past most things or try to. Disagreement is common and necessary to learn about and from each other. We never disagree on going to the temple, if it's not him it's me saying lets go today. We live super close to the temple and love that! We also only live about 5 min from his Aunt and Uncle and cousins so we visit a lot. She as well as my mom have been teaching me how to cook. I always thought I was a good cook...when in reality there is much more to cooking then microwaving corn dogs.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're loving your new little neighborhood community. Visiting you guys a couple of weeks ago was so fun. I loved our walk on the paths and everyone was so friendly and nice. I hope we love our new neighborhood as much as you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to married life Abby. You both will learn to give and take, but being married is the best and it goes by fast!! It will be nine years for us this year and it seems like we just got married yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell Greg that microwaving corn dogs isn't cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete