Maybe it's only a peeve of mine because Noah is so little and it doesn't happen to me, but I hate when I am on the phone with a friend or family member and they are not talking to me but talking to their kids. If I don't have the time to talk to you I will not answer, please have the courtesy to do the same thing. I understand children love to interrupt and it's OK to say "hold on a sec" and ask your child to wait or quickly answer but if the conversation goes something like this:
"Hey. How are you?"
"Good. Stop hitting your sister. I told you to pick that up."
"Should I call back later"
"No, you are fine. Get out of there! What honey? You want what for breakfast"
"Well I can talk to you later"
"No, No, I want to talk. So how are things there?"
"Well things are-"
"Get out of there! If I told you once I have told you twice! So that's good."
"I didn't answer you. You know call me when you get some quite time. Love you!"
Seriously! Happens all the time. And yes bugs me. Just sayen.
Don't worry, you'll do the same thing to bug your friends in about 3 or 4 years. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, that bugs me too but I figure I'd there are tons of people out there doing the same thing then it's likely we will too when our boys are older. Sigh, but it is so annoying.
ReplyDeleteIt will happen to you before you know it. :-) It used to bug me so bad and it still does in some circumstances. The only time I ever do it is when I am talking to Ruben, my sister, or my mom otherwise I just think it's rude and I should be considerate enough to call someone back when my kid is more settled and I can concentrate on the phone call and my conversation.
ReplyDeleteI totally know how that goes.
ReplyDeleteThis is why I don't like being on the phone when my kids are awake. I would rather email, facebook, or chatting on the computer... It really is hard to be on the phone with toddler age children.
ReplyDelete